Do you believe your overall health is based on your gut health? What about weight, allergies, pain, and moods - are they related to gut health?
You probably guessed the answer is a resounding "yes!" The health of your gut affects everything else in your body.
Need some dinner inspiration? Try my famous meat loaf muffins.
While your body has mechanisms in place to maintain stable blood sugar, there are many nutrition and lifestyle strategies that you can implement to help it out. Maintaining stable blood sugar will improve your overall physical and mental health.
Of course, I have some nutrition and lifestyle recommendations, and a blood-sugar stabilizing DESSERT recipe just for you.
Recipe (cooked spinach): Sauteed Spinach
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1 bag baby spinach leaves
1 dash salt
1 dash black pepper
1. In a large cast iron pan heat olive oil.
2. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
3. Add spinach, salt, pepper and toss with garlic and oil.
4. Cover pan and cook on low for about 2 minutes.
5. Saute cook spinach for another minute, stirring frequently, until all the spinach is wilted.
6. Squeeze fresh lemon juice on top.
Serve & enjoy!
Tip: Enjoying the cooked spinach with the vitamin C in the “raw” lemon juice helps your body absorb more of the iron.
Lucy is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist and Personal Trainer with a thirst for good food, fitness, cats, travel and adventure!